Showstopping FreeBSD 6.1 bug
- From: "Jeff Rollin" <jeff.rollin@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:05:32 +0100
I need to report a serious bug in 6.1-RELEASE. On both AMD64 and x86,
sysinstall appears to work correctly but fails to install a kernel on the
target filesystem. This has the additional effect of rendering the -bootonly
.iso almost useless since if the error is not caught before rebooting, there
is no live filesystem to repair the damage, and the emergency shell cannot
find any executables (it can, however, find executables directly after
installing the system).
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: a problem setting screen resolution with Xorg-6.9.0
- Next by Date: Re: portmanager and perl handling
- Previous by thread: portmanager and perl handling
- Next by thread: Re: Showstopping FreeBSD 6.1 bug