ifconfig wi0 "10 number HEX key" arg ?

Hello Family,

I'm on a wifi network where all the other Unix(like) and Windows
laptops seem to be able to pass a "ten" (10) digit number as the
"hex" key.

In the "ifconfig" manpage for FreeBSD-6.1 it states, under the
stanza for "wepkey" that the number must be 5 or 13 chars long.

The number that is being used for the 10 digit key is:

1466466946

So, I've tried numerous calc's to see if I can convert this to a
HEX, 5 or 13 char output and was wondering if I'm missing something.

Of course, when WEP is turned off the wireless nic works find.
Orinoco_Gold card.

TIA

--
Bill Schoolcraft <*> http://wiliweld.com
~

  • Re: Recommend a hex calculator?
    ... keystrokes per digit to enter hex numbers and switching bases ... TI's offerings are also shabby but not nearly as bad as HP's. ... They at least have a model where you can enter hex numbers ... with one keystroke per digit. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Recommend a hex calculator?
    ... TI's offerings are also shabby but not nearly as bad as HP's. ... They at least have a model where you can enter hex numbers ... with one keystroke per digit. ... Entering hex digits with one keystroke is no ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Recommend a hex calculator?
    ... keystrokes per digit to enter hex numbers and switching bases ... TI's offerings are also shabby but not nearly as bad as HP's. ... They at least have a model where you can enter hex numbers ... with one keystroke per digit. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Convert certificate serial number in Java
    ... No. - each digit has its own code point in Unicode - Java however is ... the number into HEX first and then enter the HEX form of the decimal ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: WEP Key instructions in XP incomplete
    ... have the SP2 update to WinXP, I'd just let the 'Wizard' do the work for ... "The New Wireless Network Setup Wizard in Windows XP Service Pack 2" ... > How do I specify what (hex or ???) kind of key I'm using? ... > Xp will not take a ten digit key, ...