ifconfig wi0 "10 number HEX key" arg ?
- From: Bill-S <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:39:57 -0700 (PDT)
I'm on a wifi network where all the other Unix(like) and Windows
laptops seem to be able to pass a "ten" (10) digit number as the
In the "ifconfig" manpage for FreeBSD-6.1 it states, under the
stanza for "wepkey" that the number must be 5 or 13 chars long.
The number that is being used for the 10 digit key is:
So, I've tried numerous calc's to see if I can convert this to a
HEX, 5 or 13 char output and was wondering if I'm missing something.
Of course, when WEP is turned off the wireless nic works find.
Bill Schoolcraft <*> http://wiliweld.com
"To live long and well, employ moderation."
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Understanding CARP
- Next by Date: rsync problems w/FreeBSD.org
- Previous by thread: Understanding CARP
- Next by thread: rsync problems w/FreeBSD.org