Re: 6.1 current instabilty on Sun Ultra 40's

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:02:28 -0400
stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can't get 6.1 to even compile a new kernel on 2 different Sun
Ultra 40's Anyone have nay reason that it should not work on these machines?

Stan,
as a general rule, telling the list what you did and the (exact) error /
problems you encountered will give better results...

Sorry I can't be of help in this particular issue.

_________________________
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

What you are afraid to do is a clear indicator of the next thing you need to do.

Warned.

  • Re: Macs no longer overpriced - InfoWorld
    ... There was absolutely no relevance or reason for him to have divulged ... generic Windows box...or scrimping longer for the Mac Pro box. ... Mac by running it in Windows, ... gap between machines and a number of people would like to be somewhere in ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Need tutorials, guides... However...
    ... The main reason for me to learn assembly is that i want to make ... performance loss you'll get from an OS like Windows or Linux. ... machines out there have gone off in many different directions. ... expect to find certain hardware at certain addressess. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Simplest way to plug disks on a Netra x1
    ... By the way, that E250 has *no* disks and they don't say what the memory or processor config is, but I bet the answer is `small'. ... If you look you'll notice that the 1u boxes keep their value rather well cf the huge machines, and that's exactly because they're useful for things like this. ... I have a small collection of Ultra 10s myself; I bought them in order to be able to set up NIS and NFS servers and clients and practice stuff I had learned in a Sysadmin course I took about three years ago. ... I used the "biggest" Ultra 10 to install Solaris 10 a few weeks ago. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: do we really need everyone to become a programmer?
    ... people are in love with their crappy code. ... Where are the 5th generation computers we were promised, the AI machines. ... Machines that can reason for themselves. ... These are mostly Science fiction or at very primitive stages of development. ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: When you have to backtrack and downgrade a DC
    ... The only reason you would need to "go back" is if you had an application ... Keep a BDC off line just in case. ... NT machines, of course, do revert back ... So is there any particular way to get one of these machines that's logged ...