Re: Prevent process in disk wait

On Oct 12, 2006, at 6:32 PM, Olivier Nicole wrote:

While installing the Ruby port on a 6.1-Release system (uname -a
37788 p0 DL+ 39:43.11 ./ruby18 ./bin/rdoc --all --ri --op
/usr/local/share/ri/1.8/system .

The system is an old Pentium 5 with a standard IDE drive. Is there a

I got hit bit that a couple of times too.

For some reason, Ruby at some stage tries to browse the complete hard
disk in order to find things like libraries.

At least that's what I guessed.

Anser was: get a better/newer hardware.

Yes, I wasn't clear in trying to answer the original post. Inadequate memory
that led to swapping seemed to be the source of that port being a slow upgrade.
I thought that might explain the problem described.

With the methods as described in the previous post, perhaps one could get by with
antiquated hardware though for testing purposes and playing. _______________________________________________

  • Re: Who is #3? Kevin McCarthy, Harold Gould, and ???
    ... sequential threes, if for some reason you feel the need to do so, but I ... And none of this addresses the fact that the original post was unclear as ... So the OP *may* have been intending to refer to a theory that, in turn, ... appears pretty much to be either a conspiracy theory of severe ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Getting Latch when dont want.
    ... > Go back to Pieter's original post and re-read it. ... missed and is the reason for the unwanted latch. ... Functionally it will produce the exact same thing as what I posted above, the only reason that it is 'safer' is that when you write code for an unclocked process it is far too easy to miss assigning some signal in some path through the process which will infer a latch. ... For those that use unclocked processes, the recommended template is to first assign some default value to each and every output of that process and THEN launch into the statements that can have branching. ...
    (comp.lang.vhdl)
  • Re: "normalizing" data
    ...  "2.000" implies that the ... meters, and answered "4.23 meters" on an exam would be marked wrong. ... that is the reason for not "reducing/normalizing" the data ... (as I said in my original post). ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Statistics for comp.sys.mac.advocacy
    ... > Sorry but that ISN't the original post. ... If a poster (who wasn't one of Snit's ... Josh believes there is no reason to have security updates - Snit ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: I am a troll (Cheri and Guy are Trolls)
    ... I agree, and that's why I'm going to respond to your original post, Guy. ... how much might have actually been spent on HIS own worthy causes, ... and just the facts please. ... for an exact reason. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)