FreeBSD-6, kldload: No such file...

Hi,

since upgrading to FreeBSD-6 i can't load modules by just typing the name.

## uname -a
FreeBSD lance.net.schlund.de 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #8: Sun Nov 12 21:59:06 CET 2006 god@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/LANCE i386

## kldload linux
kldload: can't load linux: No such file or directory
## kldload linux.ko
kldload: can't load linux.ko: No such file or directory
## kldload /boot/kernel/linux.ko
## kldstat
Id Refs Address Size Name
1 6 0xc0400000 77132c kernel
3 1 0xc4193000 1b000 kqemu.ko
4 1 0xc3db7000 16000 linux.ko

did i miss some config?

Armin

  • Re: Differences between netgraph nodes in 4.x and 5.x
    ... if i try to unload my module, change the internals, compile ... [root@newluxor root]# kldload ng_ether ... kldload: can't load ng_ether: Exec format error ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: kldload: cant load /usr/local/modules/fuse.ko: Exec format error & fusefs-ntfs-1.253
    ... Subject: kldload: can't load /usr/local/modules/fuse.ko: Exec format error & fusefs-ntfs-1.253 ... I can't use my maxtor basic 640gb external harddrive on Freebsd amd64 ... How did you install the fusefs-kmod was it from a package or did you ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Problem with Vbox after recent upgrade
    ... Failed to open a session for the virtual machine OpenSuse11.4. ... If I try to load vboxdrv.ko manually I get: ... kldload: can't load vboxdrv.ko: Exec format error ... Vbox had been running fine before the upgrade. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Problem with Vbox after recent upgrade
    ... The virtual machine 'OpenSuse11.4' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1. ... If I try to load vboxdrv.ko manually I get: ... kldload: can't load vboxdrv.ko: Exec format error ... Vbox had been running fine before the upgrade. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: cant load smbfs kernel module
    ... I've built a kernel with smbfs module: ... kldload: can't load smbfs: No such file or directory ...
    (freebsd-questions)