uhci.ko keeps showing up

I've commented out device uhci in my kernel config, but I keep getting
uhci.ko loaded on boot. I'm not using usb at all. I understand that I
should be able to disable usb in my bios, but it's difficult to get
to, as the server is remote. Is there anything I can do to prevent the
uhci.ko from being loaded?

--
I'm nerdy in the extreme and whiter than sour cream

  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ USB BOOT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... boot external sata on usb ... usb boot disk download ... which usb drives will boot dell ...
    (sci.psychology.personality)
  • Re: soundcard SoundBlaster PCI128 or SoundBlaster live1024 problem
    ... > What messages are you getting from boot log and dmesg? ... ACPI tables contain no PCI IRQ routing entries ... RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 64000K size 1024 blocksize ... USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v2.2 ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Naming harddisks (Linux)
    ... But I also see that for an USB drive it uses /dev/sdas the ... Does GRUB recognize SCSI drives? ... The first step in understanding the boot process is to ... The bootloader's job is to load the OSs kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: USB key requirement.
    ... I figured that after the root partition is mounted (nfs), ... wondering what good means the usb key in this case. ... continue the boot sequence. ... the key would be checked right after the block device is ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: UPDATE: El Torito Boot CD - USB CD-ROM
    ... There should be nothing preventing you from booting from USB CD-ROM as long ... Basically you have to make sure you included USB 2.0 boot component in your ... I can boot other CDs including Windows PE created CDs from the USB CD ROM ... What is different about running Windows XPE from a USB CDROM as opposed ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)