Re: 6.2 Release delayed?
- From: Kris Kennaway <kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:56:34 -0500
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 02:53:05PM -0800, Joe wrote:
Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 08:24:47AM -0800, Joe wrote:Ok.
A while back, I read that 6.2 was going to be released today. Now I see
that 6.2 won't be released until Mid December.
Are FreeBSD releases put out "whenever they're ready" or is there a set
schedule that is adhered to?
I only ask because I am trying to schedule some server upgrades and I
scheduled my QA tests for this week, thinking 6.2 would be released today.
When they're ready. They almost always slip because of bugs that
users only bother to report late in the release cycle :-)
I was REALLY hoping to get some intense testing and upgrades done before
the holiday season. After 12/1 I can't touch my servers due to the
Try the latest beta and see how well it works for you. Chances are it
will work just fine. If not, you've probably saved yourself the
trouble later anyway, in case no-one else reported your problem in
time to get it fixed.
Description: PGP signature
- Prev by Date: Re: hands-on experience on 6.1 amd64 vs. i386
- Next by Date: Re: 6.2 Release delayed?
- Previous by thread: Re: 6.2 Release delayed?
- Next by thread: Blank screen after using X