Re: where to get the iso c90 compiler?

Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
deeptech71@xxxxxxxxx schrieb:
[Fistly, people wrote code in pure binary language. Then assembly were invented and later they wrote higher level languages in assembly.]

> With whatever C compiler the gcc developer had at that time.

> It probably wasn't. The first ever compiler was most likely written
> in assembler. Later on the first compiler for a new language has
> usually been written in some other language.

Yeah I knew that. Anyone know a good book on assembly language?

The evolution of programming. Can someone give me a link?
Well, I don't know assembly, but I found this and it looks very good:
http://www.int80h.org/bsdasm/

And it is exclusively for FreeBSD! ;)

That's the tutorial set I stepped through to learn the basics. Good basic stuff.

  • Re: HLA StdLib2 criticism
    ... Assembler" (HLA). ... Can that person call this the "FASM language?" ... but also of course not he can call it an assembler ... Therefore HLC.EXE can't be called a compiler. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: WANTED: InfoWorld Editorial, August 18, 1980, Vol.2, No.14, p.8
    ... Although CBASIC is not an optimum language, ... compiler before any error checking is performed, ... in order to run both new applications and previously-purchased ... the interpreted and compiled BASICs, ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: Code generation from the Gospel according to f0dder
    ... direct pushes of memory over register loads then pushing the register, ... knew a little of the old fashioned basics but its fair to say that ... C is by no means an easy language to learn or write ... object modules so writing assembler in PB is writing its native code ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Why no C++ in Windows itself?
    ... >Do you mean that C is faster executing? ... I wasn't trying to start a language war. ... compiled by a C++ compiler). ... you have to "deobjectify" any data you want to access from assembler ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Why no C++ in Windows itself?
    ... >Do you mean that C is faster executing? ... I wasn't trying to start a language war. ... compiled by a C++ compiler). ... you have to "deobjectify" any data you want to access from assembler ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)