Re: GMail [and other free email] and these lists?

On 12/02/07, Gerard Seibert <gerard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday February 12, 2007 at 02:50:24 (PM) Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> Does this list automatically reject subscribers "free" email addresses?
> I would like to move over to Gmail to avoid all the spam coming in from
> the years of using this address, but I am not getting any response from
> the subscription request.

Besides the fact that GMail sucks is the added benefit that it will not
relay messages that you send to a mailing list back to you. That is not
a problem if you do not want to receive a copy of your posting. However,
it would be nice if Google left that decision up to you and not their
discretion.

--
Gerard

In what way does Gmail suck?

Jeff

  • Re: GMail [and other free email] and these lists?
    ... I would like to move over to Gmail to avoid all the spam coming in from ... "I choose to ignore, of course, the fact that self-Googling ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [OT] cant see own post to the list
    ... I have noticed that my own post to the list has been detected as spam at the gmail. ... Any way to avoid this? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: GMail [and other free email] and these lists?
    ... I would like to move over to Gmail to avoid all the spam coming in from ... Tom Veldhouse ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: GMail [and other free email] and these lists?
    ... I would like to move over to Gmail to avoid all the spam coming in from the years of using this address, but I am not getting any response from the subscription request. ... Tom Veldhouse ...
    (freebsd-questions)