Idesk - trash icon

Hello,

I installed Idesk to show differents icons on my desktop with Openbox 3 and FreeBSD 6.2. I have a file called trash.lnk with the content:

table Icon
Caption: Trash
Icon: /home/olivier/.idesktop/icons/emptytrash.png
Width: 48
Height: 48
X: 347
Y: 660
Command[0]: thunar trash:///
Command[1]: /home/olivier/.scripts/./checktrash.sh
end

and here my script called checktrash.sh : (for the moment, I do not erase any files. I test only the presence of files and i post the good icon on the desktop.

#!/bin/sh
ls -A /home/olivier/.local/share/Trash/files/ | grep . >/dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
perl -i.bak -pe 's/emptytrash/fulltrash/g' /home/olivier/.idesktop/trash.lnk
else
perl -i.bak -pe 's/fulltrash/emptytrash/g' /home/olivier/.idesktop/trash.lnk
fi

When i launch Openbox, the script works fine but i have a problem when i empty the trash with the mouse, idesk doesn't put up-to-date my icon.

Can you help me please ?

Thank you :)

--
Cheers,
Olivier Regnier

  • Setting XEmacs external icon
    ... I use a bare Linux with no desktop ... and openbox for a window manager. ... not setting its icon. ...
    (comp.emacs.xemacs)
  • Re: How to display an icon on the desktop
    ... Do you know a program or an command line to display an icon on my desktop? ... I don't want idesk or bbdesk:-$ ... I don't think openbox supports desktop icons. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: issues with POD
    ... Tool sets. ... in Perl I would concisely write while in Icon I ... Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Perl icon?
    ... such as the lambda symbol ... c> There doesn't seem to be a symbol, mascot, or icon for Perl that I can ... camel usage with perl is trademarked and can't be used commercially ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Perl-Parameter und Alternativen
    ... Dabei hat es sich natuerlich an Vorgaengern orientiert, ... die Revolution wurde m.E. dadurch herbeigefuehrt, dass Perl weite ... Was die Vorgaenger angeht, fragst Du danach, warum Snobol uebersehen ... kapiert, dass Icon oberflaechlich so aussieht wie andere Sprachen, ...
    (de.comp.lang.misc)