Fwd: VESA mode 132x43

Can anyone here help me with my issue below?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Remko Lodder <remko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Feb 15, 2007 6:32 AM
Subject: Re: VESA mode 132x43
To: Guillermo Gutierrez <guillermogutierrezjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freebsd-i386@xxxxxxxxxxx

Guillermo Gutierrez wrote:
I have compiled VESA support into the kernel and when I try to set the
resolution to 132x43 using vidcontrol, I see the cursor but that is all.
No
text and the size of the console appears to have shrunk because it wont
scle
to th esize of my monitor which can handle a resolution 1280x1024@60.

I could really use some help because I would like to e able to use a
resolution higher than 80x60.

thanks,

Please proceed to freebsd-questions (questions@) for these
kind of questions!

Cheers
remko

--
Kind regards,

Remko Lodder ** remko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
FreeBSD ** remko@xxxxxxxxxxx

/* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */

--
Guillermo Gutierrez
guillermogutierrezjr@xxxxxxxxx

  • Re: VESA mode 132x43
    ... On 15/02/07, Guillermo Gutierrez wrote: ... > I have compiled VESA support into the kernel and when I try to set the ... > resolution to 132x43 using vidcontrol, I see the cursor but that is all. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Fedora-10 problems
    ... The cursor is not visible. ... but on other occasions it does not seem to be active at all ... Sounds like you need to change the screen resolution to a resolution ... The laptop works perfectly with Fedora-9, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Fedora-10 problems
    ... The cursor is not visible. ... but on other occasions it does not seem to be active at all ... Sounds like you need to change the screen resolution to a resolution ... The laptop works perfectly with Fedora-9, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: the look of the bash
    ... How can I change the look of my cursor in my bash running with ... to search my cursor. ... fbset or console-tools might help. ... If have a resolution 1024x768 ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Fedora-10 problems
    ... The cursor is not visible. ... but on other occasions it does not seem to be active at all ... Sounds like you need to change the screen resolution to a resolution ... You mean the install CD is choosing the wrong ...
    (Fedora)