Re: Remote access to config FreeBSD server

--On Monday, February 19, 2007 19:26:02 -0800 satimis <satimis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks,

FreeBSD-6.2-amd64

I'm going to install the captioned OS as server, web/mail/database etc.,
for test purpose and without X. I'm prepared to connect a workstation
for fine tuning the server. Can I use a Linux workstation to do the job
because I have no FreeBSD workstation here? OR I must run a FreeBSD
workstation. If YES, pls advise where can I find relevent steps to do
the job. I'll have SSH enabled on the server.

You can use anything that can run an ssh client. Even Windows can do that - if you install one.

I need GUI browser to connect outside World for searching documents and
seeking help. I found elinks not easy to read html website.

You can't run a GUI browser without running X.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Sudden Issues with DHCP & Remote Access
    ... connections to the server or shared resource and try again. ... But, if I do a Rebuild Server List in RRAS, the workstation where I ... I ran the BPA and it states that all is well, including the install ... SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Sudden Issues with DHCP & Remote Access
    ... But, if I do a Rebuild Server List in RRAS, the workstation where I disabled ... How to install Service Pack 1 for SBS 2003 ... Small Business Server Service Pack) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Sudden Issues with DHCP & Remote Access
    ... Is the SBS second NIC disabled in the BIOS? ... After assigning IP Addresses to the workstation I could rejoin the domain ... Broadcom Netxtrem Gigabit on Server. ... Suitehelp.dll problem after SBS SP1 install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Sudden Issues with DHCP & Remote Access
    ... I re-booted a test workstation, after doing a ipconfig/release and DNS ... Is the SBS second NIC disabled in the BIOS? ... Broadcom Netxtrem Gigabit on Server. ... Suitehelp.dll problem after SBS SP1 install. ...