Re: cant get the damn bandwidth limiter working

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 02:58:50PM +0200, deeptech71@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
RW wrote:
On Sat, 26 May 2007 16:52:56 +0200
deeptech71@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
pf and altq are enabled. My ISP allows 16kB/s upload and 128kB/s
download. I want to use half of that. What should pf.conf contain, to
limit my computer's upload and download speeds? I've tried:

altq sk0 cbq bandwidth 1576Kb queue { lan, upload, download }
queue lan bandwidth 1000Kb cbq(default)
queue upload bandwidth 64Kb cbq
queue download bandwidth 512Kb cbq
block in all
pass in quick on sk0 from 192.168.0.0/16 queue lan
pass in all on sk0 queue download
block out all
pass out quick on sk0 to 192.168.0.0/16 queue lan
pass out all on sk0 queue upload

AFAIK ALTQ only queues outgoing traffic, and pass in quick on sk0 from
192.168.0.0/16 queue lan means: send the packet to the lan queue if it's
routed out via the
interface to which "queue lan" is attached, i.e. back out via sk0 -
which isn't going to happen.

That would explain. So is there any way to limit the speed at which i'm
downloading? Come on I've seen a bunch of software like this for Windows on
the net!

According to http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/queueing.html it _can_ work
if you have a separate router See the examples.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/
pgp: 1A2B 477F 9970 BA3C 2914 B7CE 1277 EFB0 C321 A725 (KeyID: C321A725)

  • Re: Alt.Binz: Using v242. Should I upgrade?
    ... Newzleech RSS fixed [Link] ... + previous copy of queue file is kept and can be loaded when current queue ... * manual nzb rss download possibile while on rss timer ... redocked tab state not beeing saved when exiting ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: cant get the damn bandwidth limiter working
    ... limit my computer's upload and download speeds? ... queue lan bandwidth 1000Kb cbq ... pass in quick on sk0 from 192.168.0.0/16 queue lan ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: foreach, IEnumerable and modifying contents
    ... I would like to incorporate threads so that I can download N ... The producer of the queue would add URLs to be downloaded, while the consumer would keep track of how many active downloads are going on. ... thread pool when the downloads are finished. ...
  • Re: foreach, IEnumerable and modifying contents
    ... In a typical queue design, you would gracefully deal with an empty queue. ... One download finishes and my code begins pulling ... to access the same enumerator. ... If anything, my intent is to point out that concurrency is _not_ simple, and that your second design appears to have just made it more complicated than it otherwise needed to be. ...
  • Re: Traffic Shaping not working correctly after ipfw coverted to use pfil_hooks API
    ... I'm using 400Kbit/s as the upload limit ... > # Assign all other outgoing traffic to the low-priority queue ... The upload pipe ... > Here is where the problem is if I do a upload and download at the same time: ...
    (freebsd-current)