problem installing xorg 7.2

Hi
Because I wanted to upgrade my xorg package to 7.2, I read
/usr/ports/UPDATING. but the description is only for portupgrade, and I dont
use it because it works bad on my system, I use portmanager insteed.
I couldnt upgrade xorg with portmanager so I just deinstalled it, and "make
install" again.

Thats the message that throws make install:

configure: error: cannot find GL library - make sure Mesa or other
OpenGL packag
e is installed
See `config.log' for more details.
===> Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

But when I cd ed to /usr/ports/graphics/mesagl && make install, it throws
another message:

===> Mesa-5.0.2 is unnecessary because libGL and libGLU come with
XFree86 4.0 a
nd higher.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/mesagl.

So what should I do??
Is there any way of installing xorg 7.2 just with make install ??
Thanks for any help.

--
http://feudaltimes.com.ar - Webmaster, designer and programmer

  • Re: cant upgrade - catch-22
    ... There was major change about Xorg; For more details, ... Where I'm stuck is getting either portupgrade working or getting X ... Install the newer version of Xorg then upgrade portupgrade, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Up grading ports, Xorg et all
    ... I messed up a KDE 3.5.10 trying to install firefox3 so I thought I would attempt to upgrade using portupgrade and/or portmaster. ... I did a "pkg_delete -a" and "pkg_add -r xorg". ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Weird aptitude behavior
    ... it looks like Xorg 7.0 is coming to Etch. ... Something as major as the Xorg upgrade results in a ... aptitude explores more and more possible combinations. ... when I did the install, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: problem installing xorg 7.2
    ... Because I wanted to upgrade my xorg package to 7.2, ... I couldnt upgrade xorg with portmanager so I just deinstalled it, ... Thats the message that throws make install: ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: xorg package
    ... Al Bayrouni wrote: ... > Is there any xorg package for Debian? ... One solution is to use the DRI packages which install xorg, ...
    (Debian-User)