mount -awf, but fsck -y still says "no write"

I really don't feel like reinstalling tonite. I had a bad powersupply
and crashed. Starts up in single user of course, because /var is
fubared. In the past a mount -awf then an fsck -y did the trick, but
now I get NO WRITE in big letters as the first output from fsck, and
it never fixes anything. I tried of course, and I very well can write
to /var, so fsck is confused. Other than wiping it, do I have any
options? fsck does not have a 'force write' option that I can see.
Did I forget some crucial step? It's just a plain old ufs2 drive on
the motherboard pata.

Steve

  • Re: 6.0-REL && ports/devel/subversion
    ... >> Boot to single user and fsck your system. ... If the fsck removed anything you just added such ... That is why you boot to single user mode. ... You would have to really mess up your install for a reinstall to help. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Mac G4 10.2 halts in single user
    ... friend has a Mac that stops in singleuser mode. ... But it always stops in single user. ... fsck says no errors ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: ATA problems(unlean fs) on recent cvsup
    ... >me in single user after failing to automatically run fsck. ... >that it had booted fine when the disks were clean. ... Eventully the kernel dropped into single user mode. ... >>3.0 on pci0 ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: attempt to access beyond end of device
    ... Boot single user, force an fsck of each file system. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Totally hosed up filesystem..wtf?
    ... Then try fsck. ... Comes up asking for single user shell, get in, and fsck -y fails with: ... MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support. ...
    (freebsd-questions)