Re: Binding dhclient to a particular network interface

I gave this a shot, but this stopped the interface being assigned an IP
address at all (i.e... before the change, the interface had a valid IP
address assigned by the DHCP server in my cable modem, but after making the
change and restarting, the "ifconfig" command shows the interface having an
IP address of

I do agree though - the man page explicitly says that this should work.

Oh, and i'm absolutely sure that the interface is configured to use DHCP.

------ /etc/rc.conf snippet -------------------
network_interfaces="ed1 ed2 lo0"
ifconfig_ed2="inet netmask"

I added the dhclient_flags line you suggested, after the ifconfig_lo0 line
shown above, though as far as I know the order does not matter. Thanks for
the suggestion though.

Anyone have anymore ideas?