Re: How can i import Corel Draw vectorial files?

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 17:08:27 -0400
"Hakan K" <dominor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 8/9/07, Damian Vicino <dvicino@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am getting CDR files form another department (and they dont know
how or dont want to export as .ps).
I just need to open them to show my boss and give oks about the work
they doing.
Do you know any software in the port collection or somewhere else
that can open these files or at least export to another vectorial
format that can be open in some kde application or shell?
Thanks for any info.
Sdäv

*XnView* <http://perso.orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enxnview.html>

http://perso.orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enhome.html

(xnview is available through graphics/xnview port.)

Yes, it's impossible to directly open and view a CDR file, you have to
convert it to something else first (preferably to SVG).

I've recently used UniConvertor
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/uniconvertor/) to convert several CDR
files to SVG. It supports the newest CDR versions. However, it isn't
ported, you have to compile it yourself.

% ./uniconv
[...]
Converts one vector graphics format to another using sK1 engine.
Allowed input formats:
AI - Adobe Illustrator files (postscript based)
CDR - CorelDRAW Graphics files (7-X3 versions)
CMX - Corel Presentation Exchange files (CMX1 format)
[...]

It's also recommended in Inkscape's (graphics/inkscape) FAQ:

http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#What_can_I_do_with_.2A.cdr_.28Corel_Draw_Vector_drawing_file.29_files_in_Inkscape.3F_I_have_got_my_images_in_.2A.cdr_files_and_I_would_like_to_continue_in_.2A.SVG.

Damian, if you want to try UniConvert and have troubles compiling it
(as usual, a couple of changes in installation scripts and Makefiles
is necessary) -- just post here again.

Nikola Lečić