Re: How can i import Corel Draw vectorial files?

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 17:08:27 -0400
"Hakan K" <dominor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 8/9/07, Damian Vicino <dvicino@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am getting CDR files form another department (and they dont know
how or dont want to export as .ps).
I just need to open them to show my boss and give oks about the work
they doing.
Do you know any software in the port collection or somewhere else
that can open these files or at least export to another vectorial
format that can be open in some kde application or shell?
Thanks for any info.
Sdäv

*XnView* <http://perso.orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enxnview.html>

http://perso.orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enhome.html

(xnview is available through graphics/xnview port.)

Yes, it's impossible to directly open and view a CDR file, you have to
convert it to something else first (preferably to SVG).

I've recently used UniConvertor
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/uniconvertor/) to convert several CDR
files to SVG. It supports the newest CDR versions. However, it isn't
ported, you have to compile it yourself.

% ./uniconv
[...]
Converts one vector graphics format to another using sK1 engine.
Allowed input formats:
AI - Adobe Illustrator files (postscript based)
CDR - CorelDRAW Graphics files (7-X3 versions)
CMX - Corel Presentation Exchange files (CMX1 format)
[...]

It's also recommended in Inkscape's (graphics/inkscape) FAQ:

http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#What_can_I_do_with_.2A.cdr_.28Corel_Draw_Vector_drawing_file.29_files_in_Inkscape.3F_I_have_got_my_images_in_.2A.cdr_files_and_I_would_like_to_continue_in_.2A.SVG.

Damian, if you want to try UniConvert and have troubles compiling it
(as usual, a couple of changes in installation scripts and Makefiles
is necessary) -- just post here again.

Nikola Lečić

  • Re: Deleting un(?)reachable code
    ... CDR form. ... Usually when I get these "deleting unreachable code" errors its because I did something stupid, generally rather far from the code which is flagged. ... Why does the compiler single out the format strings as ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Deleting un(?)reachable code
    ... CDR form. ... Why does the compiler single out the format strings as ... ; note: deleting unreachable code ... (def-inline usable (word fortree baktree &optional verbose) ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: corel files cdr and cmx and thumbnails in it
    ... Ppl say that .cdr is proprietary format so i am not sure if ... small pices of code by ppl in theme of reading cmx but it has not ... (speakin about .cdr ... 256 color bitmap with about 14 bytes of headrer "damaged" ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Format not an option for D:
    ... you don't format CD-R media. ... you still would rarely format a CDR for usage. ... Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Win2k and CDRs
    ... UDF format, you will ... >need a UDF reader installed on your PC (or on every CDRW ... The problem exists with either CDR or CDRWs. ... Further, the installation of Win2K is virgin, that is ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)