Re: packages compiled from source

Many thanks too all who ansered, that's really helpful. I just had a hard time compiling lighttpd and php5 together, so wanted to save them as packages to spare me the headache in the near future.

Have read the ports man I see that I can change the PACKAGES in the environment, but how do I change the environment. Would I edit /etc/ make.conf at a guess?