Re: Why is sendmail in the core of FreeBSD?

On Saturday 22 September 2007 23:41, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
On 2007-09-22 20:12, Pollywog <lists-fbsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 22 September 2007 19:27:36 Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
That's because there's no such thing as a "newbie Sendmail user".
Nobody stays a newbie long enough if they configure Sendmail properly

That is why I use Postfix. I would not go from Postfix to Sendmail
because it would make life difficult.

Heh, what I wrote was supposed to be a joke, but oh well :-)

You haven't been forced to administer sendmail. That's
why you are making jokes about it. Well, I was, and it
wasn't much fun ;)

  • Re: [opensuse] How to monitor Linux systems from a focal/central point (was: ranting and raving abo
    ... I'm perfectly well aware of how to set up Postfix, and, for my sins, ... workstation ran Postfix, exim, sendmail or other such MTA. ... this is solely regarding the case of a minimal install on a resource-limited ... client machine that has absolutely no need for an MTA to be installed. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: sendmail vs. postfix question
    ... > Sendmail is a large, monolithic, complicated program that runs as ... > Sendmail configuration is complicated and arcane -- it is the ... > Postfix has a different architecture, ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Large Prod Env Mail Host Was [Re: ClamAV Feedback]
    ... > Postfix is inappropriate for our task as it's not configurable enough ... Milter and LDAP support must be ... I believe you're building sendmail yourself them. ... > users to change their passwords and other things on the LDAP servers. ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: java on RH AS 3.0?
    ... same program names) and switch between them without uninstalling either. ... Its most common use is to switch between sendmail and postfix, ... is done using a series of 'slave' links which are automtically switched ...
    (RedHat)
  • RE: Sendmail or Postfix?
    ... my sendmail configuration and everything seemed to work. ... However when I installed ISPConfig, it reconfigured postfix and now ... Prior to installing ISPConfig and using sendmail instead of postfix, ...
    (Fedora)