Re: K3b

perryh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
BTW: I really gets annoyed when people say by the way
it works in Linux, Windows, Solaris or whatever.
What is that suppose to mean?

When someone describes a problem getting a certain hardware setup
to work as desired in FreeBSD, and reports that it works in some
other OS, I would take it to mean that one need not suggest testing
the hardware, since it is already known to work properly in the
other environment. For someone who happens to be familiar with
whatever other OS was mentioned, it may also serve as an example
of the sort of operation that the poster was attempting to achieve
in FreeBSD.
I realized after replaying to the mail! I apologize to the sender of the original message for the tone of my post.
Cheers,
Predrag

  • Re: wchar_t is useless
    ... On Windows, the wchar_t string encoding is ... ``On Solaris and FreeBSD, the wchar_t encoding is locale dependent and undocumented.'' ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: choice question - newbie
    ... If every other machine at your location is using Solaris, ... If you need a decent desktop, use Windows or Mac OS X. ... have gradually started using FreeBSD as my main desktop OS. ... one here can tell whether Linux or Solaris would be better for you. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Raw Convertors
    ... First there is too little choice (or enough choice on Windows), ... One wonders how PHP does Solaris, HP-UX, OpenBSD, NetBSD, FreeBSD, ... One wonders how GCC can support all that and many others --- ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Raw Convertors
    ... First there is too little choice (or enough choice on Windows), ... One wonders how PHP does Solaris, HP-UX, OpenBSD, NetBSD, FreeBSD, ... One wonders how GCC can support all that and many others --- ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: What do you dislike about OSX?
    ... is is when you claim that OS X is derivative of FreeBSD. ... about *other people* not needing to have all windows visible at all times. ... Most end users don't even know the bug exists. ... offer reasons for me to change my mind. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)