Re: SATA question

ad4 - DMA limited to UDMA33, device found non-ata66 cable.
ad4 - <SAMSUN HE160HJ JF800-24>

Is this telling me the system recognized my
160GB 7.2K RPM Serial ATA 3Gbps 3.5-in Cabled Hard Drive as
a UDMA33 ?

at least with computer i use with SATA i had to set in it's crappy BIOS that SATA channels to "RAID" (while not defining any RAID actually) - and it helped, the disks are detected as SATA

  • Re: 3ware escalade 8006 SATA RAID recommendations; dual boot windows
    ... Doesn't command queing bring SATA much closer to SCSI performance? ... to another manufacturer's SATA RAID controller fail? ... both the disk drive and the adapter card are Frankenstein hardware. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Stable on Supermicro server?
    ... and a mail server. ... The SATA RAID controller, although it provides a 'legacy' option ... 2 ports with 2 removable, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: How to tell DP35DP BIOS version before buying CPU?
    ... I now have the latest BIOS, my CPU now shows 3.0Ghz and 4GB ... a single SATA HD that I want to load Windows on. ... IDE, RAID or AHCI. ... Which version of Windows are you trying to install? ...
    (comp.sys.intel)
  • Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets nest)
    ... How do you share a raid between two systems? ... I remember systems setup that way with scsi in the ... Intel part #82544 in hard drives: ... Considering that USB 1.0 used a shielded cable, it seems unlikely that SATA ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Selbstbau-NAS - bitte um Empfehlungen oder Kritik
    ... Windows dank Hyperthreading 4 Kerne), ... Leider wurde er bzw. die Platten ... durchprobiert, weder im SATA, noch RAID oder AHCI Modus wollten ... Hab eine 160 GB Platte am internen SATA POrt für die BS Installation ...
    (de.comp.hardware.laufwerke.festplatten)