Re: FreeBSD 6.2-REL, system lockup, recovers when keyboard pressed

Hi Sean,

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Sean Cavanaugh
<millenia2000@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You look at upgrading to 6.3-REL or 7.0-REL?

Well, I could, but that's a sledgehammer approach and while likely to
work, in the absence of a bug report/fix (I'm not saying there isn't
one), it is not guaranteed to work. For example, it might be freezing
up because of something I can control with configuration (loader.conf
stuff). I'll have to stop the processes for a while and see if I can
reproduce the behaviour while the system is essentially idle.

I'm certainly willing to upgrade but it would be good to go into that
process with more confidence of success.

cheers,
Dale

  • Re: [opensuse] KDE WM appears to have died
    ... try installing 12.3 from scratch or try a ... Upgrading from 11.4 to 12.3 worked PERFECTLY for me on two different ... You are certainly right, and I have been a sledgehammer type guy in the past, ... working IceWM. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Outlook shuts down by itself
    ... After upgrading from Office 2000 to 2003, Outlook will shut down on it's own ... after the pc has been idle for a while. ... seen anything in the knowledge base on this problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Upgrade 2.6 to 3.0
    ... upgrading is? ... I am using Windows XP Pro for my OS. ... Just don't try to have a 2.6 version of Idle and a 3.0 version of Idle ...
    (comp.lang.python)