Re: Some questions about installing a web server.
- From: Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 18:07:08 +0100
Paul Schmehl wrote:
--On Thursday, March 06, 2008 16:25:44 +0800 "??????" <liuweinan85@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm a freshman man here. Please do not mind my silly questions.
I am ready to install a web server, the main hardwares are as follows:
CPU 4-core xeon 5410 * 2
MEM kingston 2G EEC FBD667 * 2
HD ST146G SAS 15K * 1
I have several questions.
Which platform should I chooses? amd64 or i386?
Is 4G memory enough for 2000 people online?Depends on what you're doing. Should be for most cases.
With 4G of memory i386 really isn't a choice. Unless you feel adventurous and want to try PAE. I'd stick with amd64. All the webserver stuff works fine there and it allows you to extend the memory later on if the need arises.
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: Some questions about installing a web server.
- Next by Date: Re: SIGHUP and Program Flow in a 6.2 Application
- Previous by thread: Re: Some questions about installing a web server.
- Next by thread: Some questions about installing a web server.