Re: [SSHd] Increasing wait time?

Peter Boosten <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

No, I was more thinking of:

ssh -L 4444:your.own.host:22 user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and then open a new shell:

scp -P 4444 the-file-you-want-to-copy user@localhost:

This works easiest with agent forwarding, but I guess any
authentication will do.

It is also worth taking a look at the ProxyCommand option.

For the case above something like this should be put in ~/.ssh/config:

Host your.own.host-tunneled
HostKeyAlias your.own.host
ProxyCommand ssh user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx nc your.own.host 22

The you can just do "ssh your.own.host-tunneled" and go through
your.friends.host transparently.

--
Christian Laursen

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] dns tunneling with win32 client / ProxyCommand
    ... You could utilize the cygwin port of OpenSSH's ssh client. ... man page the ProxyCommand option should would. ... i'm building up dns tunnel (www.dnstunnel.de and Dan Kaminsky's ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Setting up SSH on Snow Leopard
    ... The above indicates that the only two methods of authentication ... I did *not* enable the publickey or ... keyboard-interactive methods in my client. ... being advertised by the SSH server on the Mac client? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: authentication problem
    ... I have an authentication issue with ssh that i'd like to ask for clues ... but owner? ... Could you make sure ~/.ssh on both machines is only read/write ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Setting up SSH on Snow Leopard
    ... a Terminal window on the Mac and try "ssh localhost". ... authentication methods, and is either of those preferred from a security ... the most secure configuration will offer the least amount ... If you want to harden your SSH server, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Setting up SSH on Snow Leopard
    ... The above indicates that the only two methods of authentication the SSH ... server is allowing are publickey and keyboard-interactive. ... client is trying to use, so presumably that could be a reason it is failing. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)