Re: Data loss after power out - fsck: bad inode number to nextinode

What should I do?

In theory,

clri {special-file} 306176

should wipe the inode containing the bad pointer and allow fsck to
continue, perhaps recovering the files pointed to by that directory
into lost+found.

Definitely try this on a copy first if at all possible.

  • Re: fsck on a live FS on AIX 7.1.0.0
    ... After doing a fsck against the filesystem we suspect might have issues, ... Inode 40190 is linked as: ... I find two other filesystems have warnings/errors. ... For the EMC service outages, I would be demanding root cause analysis from ...
    (AIX-L)
  • soft updates / background fsck directory link count bug
    ... and background fsck that results in the link count of the parent of one ... the leaf directory being removed, the file system unmounted, and then ... current inode: directory ... fsdb > inode 320921 ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Data loss after power out - fsck: bad inode number to nextinode
    ... I booted the system in SUM and ran fsck on the partitions. ... Commander, the name of my home directory was displayed, preceeded ... du: mnt/adec: Bad file descriptor ... informative error message "bad inode number 306176 to nextinode" ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Data loss after power out - fsck: bad inode number to nextinode
    ... in my new system (FreeBSD 7.0). ... I booted the system in SUM and ran fsck on the partitions. ... du: mnt/adec: Bad file descriptor ... error message "bad inode number 306176 to nextinode" because it cannot ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: UFS+J panics on HEAD
    ... which a clri and a fully forced fsck -y -f seems to have cleared (thanks to ... that fsck is failing to correct... ... The bitmap indicated that an inode was free, ... I would not worry much about ffs code until known hardware problem on ...
    (freebsd-current)