Re: broken autoconf upgrade

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-questions-local@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nope.

And that port doesn't do anything different with the texinfo files,
either. Try just cleaning things up and making another attempt. Or
remove all of the auto* ports and try to upgrade everything
remaining; I've never had problems with those ports interfering with
each other, but for some reason I worry about it anyway. And you may
not need any of them for your upgrade run anyway.

Someone else responded saying that the port is no longer maintained on 5.5.

I hadn't upgraded since everything was working fine, and new releases
sometimes leave old
hardware behind. But, I'll try upgrading anyway.

5.5 -> 6.3 -> 7.0 seems to be the right route...

Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
--Albert Einstein

  • portmanager looping on libtool on 6.2 -> 6.3 upgrade
    ... I'm in the process of bringing a production web/mail server up to FreeBSD 7.0 from 6.2. ... After practicing the process on a non-production box set up in essentially the same manner, I discovered that the only major issue to look out for was the fact that I needed to hold back the upgrade of Python, since the CMS system running on the box will die if it doesn't have Python 2.4 specifically. ... Port Status Report "forced mode" ... I've tried simply going into /usr/ports/devel/libtool15 and running "suod make install clean", and I end up with this output: ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: pkgng: how to upgrade a single port?
    ... package without upgrading the dependencies ends up _breaking_ things. ... I guess once you realise pkg is close in syntax and semantics to apt-get then things make more sense. ... it seems counterintuitive that "pkg upgrade" doesn't work for individual packages given that many package managers allow this. ... options that the port maintainer chose. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Have I been compromised? chkrootkit: "Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed" - nmap:
    ... > listed there for port 1313 correspond to the PIDs chkproc spit out. ... > If you had to restore from a backup, then you definitely want to turn off ... > all your services while you upgrade all the software that needs upgrading. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: pkgng: how to upgrade a single port?
    ... Upgrading a single port can be useful. ... See: "pkg help lock" ... upgrade it wants to pull in a bunch of stuff that i do not want, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: NEWBIE: how-to for feeding file to gnomealyzer.sh?
    ... The cause of your build failure is not known to nomelogalyzer.sh. ... cups-base port at the moment. ... convinced me to attempt the cups-base upgrade. ...
    (freebsd-questions)