Re: two nics each with dsl and the third for LAN and am not able to get any milage out of one dsl.
- From: Nash Nipples <trashy_bumper@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:55:39 -0700 (PDT)
I just inherited a second dsl line and don't have a
server to connect
it too so I have it connected to a third nic that I have in
that has the first dsl connection and the LAN. I have been
on the two nics with nat and squid in transparent proxy
any issues. My problem is that I haven't come up with a
way to really
take advantage of the new dsl to reduce traffic on the
first. I'm not
even dreaming of load balancing just sharing some of the
I had thought about trying to get squid to use the second
but my feeble attempts at redirecting it haven't made
much sense nor
have they worked. Most of our traffic is outgoing rather
incoming, if that helps.
I'm sure someone else must have a similar setup and are
than I. Anything is better than nothing. Basically, I
think and hope
that I am just drowning in a glass of water.
Thanks for any suggestions.
it all well depends on how many wires you need to make your boss happy.
if you feel like u can be replaced with a router maybe you should start making half-way websites rather than doing 2 way internet connections.
but there is a shoe for every foot. i actually admire the creativity of the pf coders. i hope you have at least 2 gateways. please don't drown.
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: mount msdosfs with hal
- Next by Date: Re: PAM_AUTHTOK_RECOVER_ERR
- Previous by thread: two nics each with dsl and the third for LAN and am not able to get any milage out of one dsl.
- Next by thread: Re: two nics each with dsl and the third for LAN and am not able to get any milage out of one dsl.