Re: Is KDE4 usable on FreeBSD?

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 10:21:17AM -0800, Bruce Cran wrote:

And what about OS X? To me it seems it's a combination of the
user-friendliness of Windows with the power of *NIX. And lots of
people have moved over to using it.

Unix is *very* user friendly. It's just picky about who it considers
friends.

I don't remember who said that first, but I find it accurate.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Malaclypse the Younger: "'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds."

  • Re: dates in diff files?
    ... little power. ... Try linux if you ... Windows 98 and I still have a bad taste in my mouth (though I ... *nix if full of programs like that. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • RE: Is KDE4 usable on FreeBSD?
    ... user-friendliness of Windows with the power of *NIX. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] lame bitching about xpsp2
    ... >*nix way) you still would whine because they are also working on extending ... >are concerned that you will have to learn Windows, ... >I recall nimda and I don't recall my Windows machines getting infected even ... >BeOS isn't going to cause a great desire to learn computers. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [SLE] Re: SUSE Firewall primitive shadow of ZoneAlarm in interactive user-control
    ... Linux is poor in real-time, ... There is a fundamental difference in the security model and tools available for windows and for linux. ... Linux is descended (in thought and design concept) from unix -- which was designed for multi-user computer sharing -- usually with no one at the console. ... Even Windows as a server isn't designed as *nix has been. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Linux (in)security (Was: Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: No Subject)
    ... I think something we are also forgetting is that statistically *nix ... from Best buy pre-loaded with windows XP and has no clue how to install ... By that I mean that previous Mac OSes weren't as ... The real key to prevalence of malware, IMNSHO, is the ease of attack ...
    (Full-Disclosure)