Re: best way to add patch to x11/slim-1.3.1

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Fbsd1 <fbsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg Larkin wrote:

Fbsd1 wrote:

On the developers website there is a patch i want to apply

http://developer.berlios.de/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=2283&group_id=2663

[ Patch #2283 ] Add a variable to run shutdown commands without root
pass.

How can i get "make install" to apply this patch while compiling the
port?

Hi Fbsd1,

Since you've already found a unified diff of the change that you want to
incorporate into the port, you can submit a PR (problem report) using
the form here: http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html.

Just follow the instructions on that page, and your patch will be
submitted to the PR system. The port maintainer reviews your PR, makes
the necessary change and possibly updates the port's revision number.
You then use portupgrade or some other means to install the new version
of the port with the incorporated patch.

Hope that helps,
Greg
- --
Greg Larkin

I submitted PR like you suggested, But i am in need of more immediate
results. What changes to the port files do i need to make to get the port to
complie in the patch file?

If I remember correctly you just add the patch file to the files/ directory
under the port with a name like patch-<file to be patched>

  • Re: Shame on Microsoft
    ... I'm not even going to waste my time rereading the original advisory. ... All I remember is the port numbers and patch install. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • 832894 phish fix -- TCP broken
    ... terminal window and tried to connect to port 25 -- connection refused. ... 10/2003 so I tried fixing the current install. ... Patch 832894 shows no information for rolling the patch back. ... Made a ghost image of my current Win2K partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: nedit problem
    ... there is no maintainer for that port. ... Place the attached patch (or a trimmed version of the patch from the ... clean install&& make clean', or use your favorite third-party port ... and packages that depend on it, you will probably need to update them ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Shame on Microsoft
    ... They specifically mentioned using the firewall on XP till the ... the port till the patch was installed. ... >> don't use a firewall or couldn't install the patch. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: [RFT] major libata update
    ... The above patch doesn't do anything. ... Single master device configuration, no slave device. ... the phantom device is finally detected by ata_dev_identify. ... SATA port. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)