How to install RPM file on FreeBSD?

Hi. Dear All

Could you pls let me know how to install file that the format is RPM on
FreeBSD.

Because I want to install a Virtual Machine which name is "VMware
Workstation for Linux" on FreeBSD? But there only RPM has been published. So
pls kindly help me deal with this case. Thanks.

BR

Alex

  • Re: How to install RPM file on FreeBSD?
    ... Could you pls let me know how to install file that the format is RPM on ... Because I want to install a Virtual Machine which name is "VMware ... Workstation for Linux" on FreeBSD? ... But there only RPM has been published. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Security Announcements & Incremental Patches
    ... > (Exhibit A being shipping the new version of RPM as an RPM. ... FreeBSD is at one polus, RedHat at another, but both has the same sickness: ... another side has no C code compiling skills; /me personally knows a few real ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: FreeBSD hacker 101
    ... GNU/Linux systems come with tools for dealing with it, ... use .rpm to distribute their software, ... GNU/Linux to FreeBSD, so they're probably familiar with more than one ... they're programmers, they've probably downloaded source distributions, ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: FreeBSD hacker 101
    ... On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, Mike Meyer wrote: ... GNU/Linux to FreeBSD, so they're probably familiar with more than one ... they're programmers, they've probably downloaded source distributions, ... the chances that they've only seen rpm file ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: FreeBSD for webserver?
    ... and that 'just works' crowd is generally not found using FreeBSD or in an admin capacity. ... As a web server, FreeBSD ... At the moment I am waiting for the Linux admin to finish building custom RPMs for everything I install because we need software either not in the YUM repository, or not configured the same as the RPM maintainer configured. ...
    (freebsd-questions)