- From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:06:48 -0500
I have installed PostgreSQL via the ports on a new 7.1 machine. I am trying
to set it up.
Whic says to run:
su -l pgsql -c initdb
But that gives me the following error message:
initdb: no data directory specified
You must identify the directory where the data for this database system
will reside. Do this with either the invocation option -D or the
environment variable PGDATA.
But when I try:
# su -l pgsql -c initdb -D /usr/local/postgres
Illegal option -D
What am I doing wrong?
One of the main causes of the fall of the roman empire was that, lacking
zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Scaner setup question
- Next by Date: named won't bind to external interface and ignores other options.
- Previous by thread: Scaner setup question
- Next by thread: Re: PostgreSQL setup