Re: During install: device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address
- From: ideogon <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:57:54 -0800 (PST)
I've actually been able to get past this part once. It continued into the
installation menu. I was able to configure the system and then when I set
it to boot from the CD/DVD, it said that the CD/DVD drive isn't supported.
Did some Googling and apparently that even though the BIOS recognizes my DVD
(and thus loaded the installation menu from it) doesn't mean that the
FreeBSD installation recognizes my DVD drive. According to FreeBSD's site,
it should recognize any ATAPI CD/DVD drive, which it is according to the
BIOS. I went back into the BIOS and realized that the drive was being
recognized, however, as slave and not master, so I reconnected it as slave
(confirmed this in the BIOS) and rebooted, speculating that this is the
underlying issue of FreeBSD not supporting my CD/DVD drive.
However, now I cannot get past this point (after probing the Ethernet
address) in the device probe in order to continue on to the FreeBSD
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/During-install%3A-device-Probe-freezes-after-detecting-Ethernet-address-tp21333686p21335636.html
Sent from the freebsd-questions mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: FreeBSD USB Install
- Next by Date: Re: During install: device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address
- Previous by thread: During install: device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address
- Next by thread: Re: During install: device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address