cups raw printing - client print queue sticking

I have cups set up on a FreeBSD server to receive raw queues from windows clients on my home network. It is being used indepently of Samba. Access is invoked directly with http - http://xx.yy.zz.ww:631/printers/lex312raw . The printer is an elderly Lexmark 312L.

The printer prints fine from 3 different WinXP clients - except the windows print queue does not clear properly.

Basically, I set up the printer via the cups gui interface and all works well but the windows print manager queue sticks. The queue permanently shows status of "processing" . Interestingly, I can print multiple print jobs and only one job remains permanently stuck. Which could/may mean that each new job clears the "processing" status of the last job..?? Each subsequent job prints fine, test pages, images, files all seem to work but the Windows print manager doesn't clear. Seems like a final handshake going wrong..?

Could this be a client side setting?
Thanks for any advice out there.
Graham/

--

Graham North
Vancouver BC

www.soleado.ca

Kindness is infectous, try it.

  • Re: Windows 95/98 on SBS2003
    ... Windows 95/98 Clients on SBS domain. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Problems Printing After XP Upgrade from 98SE
    ... following steps to clean the printer subsystem completely on the ... Windows NT Fax Monitor ... AppleTalk Printing Devices ... | workstation, but if I do that, I'll have to create the queue and re-share ...
  • Re: as400 print que on windows 2003
    ... If the firewall doesn't fix your problem, try using RPM Select from ... The culprit may be the Windows Firewall. ... configuring TCP print services on another device (you can use Windows ... and the printer queue name exsists with no special characters. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: Delaying events for fixed amounts of time.
    ... amount of time after the *FIRST* event with a given key arrives. ... I have anything Windows has to offer. ... Pause for, say, 250ms each time through the loop ... Have a queue of keys, each time a new key arrives, add it to the end ...
    (comp.programming.threads)
  • RE: Problems Printing After XP Upgrade from 98SE
    ... Can you print any local print jobs correctly in the system which ... Does the issue occur on only one Windows XP client or all other Windows ... | all of the jobs from the queue and print a test page from XP, ... |> Use the net.exe command to establish a persistent connection. ...