Re: recovering from a power outage

On 2/12/09 4:41 PM, Jerry McAllister wrote:
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 04:06:49PM -0800, David Newman wrote:

What's the canonical method for checking ufs file systems on a FreeBSD
7.1/amd64 system after an unscheduled power outage?

How about fsck

Right. I'm asking procedurally how that's invoked -- eg., do I need to
boot into single-user mode, what filesystem(s) do I mount and how, what
switches if any do I use with fsck and so on.

thanks!

dn

////jerry

thanks

dn

  • Re: fsckd - FIXED
    ... filesystem errors on boot, with the "hit control-D to continue or give root ... to fix the errors with fsck. ... filesystem and inability to reboot. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • SUMMARY: Cant boot X1 - fsck problem?!?
    ... Then next step was to find alternate superblock and run fsck against that ... After this I was able to boot up my Solaris 2.8 and everything is working ... Entering System Maintenance Mode ... mount: the state of /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 is not okay ...
    (SunManagers)
  • fstab entries for external USB hard drives led to fsck.ext3 failure on boot, bug?
    ... 'F!3@$%ing fsck! ... Please repair the file system manually. ... CONTROL-D will terminate this shell and resume system boot. ... were to allow me to quickly mount an external hard drive ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: fsckd
    ... filesystem errors on boot, with the "hit control-D to continue or give root ... to fix the errors with fsck. ... filesystem and inability to reboot. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [SLE] fsck!!!
    ... > A little informed but still desperate to fsck the system. ... How to get to the CLI from the rescue option when booting off the ... Continue to boot to the rescue system. ... kernel versions and sources required if you move your harddrive to another ...
    (SuSE)