Re: UTF-8 file + console
- From: Maciej Milewski <milu@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:48:19 +0200
Tuesday 31 March 2009 12:15:33 Paul B. Mahol napisał(a):
On 3/31/09, Thomas Dickey <dickey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:What about editing with vim and setting manualy fileencoding=utf8?
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:36:32AM +0200, Paul B. Mahol wrote:
On 3/31/09, Arek Czereszewski <arek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have php application in UTF-8 on server
(in files are 4 languages: PL, SK, CZ and EN).
Is there any chance to edit this files on console?
Or should I edit files in Linux/Mac/Win editor with
UTF support and upload then to server?
You can edit them inside vim, but they will not be
That might be a configuration issue rather than the program.
("EN" in particular ;-)
Generally speaking FreeBSD console doesnt support UTF-8. So even if
program (in this case vim) supports UTF-8 it will not work.
Next time you open this file vim should know that it is utf8 file or am I
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: Question about forcing fsck at boottime
- Next by Date: Re: Issues with OpenLDAP 2.4.15 and FreeBSD 8.0-CUrrent as well as with FreeBSD 7.2-PRE using DB 4.7
- Previous by thread: Re: UTF-8 file + console
- Next by thread: Re: UTF-8 file + console