Re: Loading sound drivers
- From: Ricardo Jesus <ricardo.meb.jesus@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 16:20:19 +0100
On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 14:47:15 +0000You even need sound_load="YES" in the loader.conf. snd_via8234 pulls it upon loading.
My motherboard, an ASUS K8V-X, has a generic type sound chip on
board, according to ASUS' specifications, it is an AD1980 chipset.
The hardware notes, linked from the handbook, does not list this
chipset but does list several Intel type HDA chipsets including one
AD1981 chipset. Never the less, using the handbook instructions I
loaded the meta sound driver and my chipset was identified as a
via8233 chipset. The meta driver loaded many drivers into the
kernel, but through trial and error I've discovered that only
sound.ko and snd_via8233.ko need to be loaded. So, I put these two
lines into /boot/loader.conf:
The correct lines are
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: combining network interfaces
- Next by Date: Re: combining network interfaces
- Previous by thread: Re: Loading sound drivers
- Next by thread: Re: Loading sound drivers