RE: NFS slow
- From: "Jan Catrysse" <J.Catrysse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:14:18 +0200
Jan Catrysse wrote:peak
I am having some problems with NFS and slow performance.
This is the scenario:
2x FreeBSD 7.1. (Raid storage server, MP, the works)
GB Lan interface between them.
When I transfer 1 big file the speed is never higher than 10MB/s with a
When I transfer multiple files at the same time speed is about 10MB/s per
Disk speed > 100MB/s
Network speed using samba > 60MB/s (limited by clients disk speed)
Tried enabling NFSlockd, NFSstatd but that changes nothing.
Any help or hunch would be greatly appreciated.
Here are some ideas for testing:
* Any firewall in between them? Do you have network errors?
* Any other network problems, like DNS lookup failures? (not that it
should matter for sustained tranfers but still...)
* Are you using TCP or UDP for NFS? TCP should be better in all cases.
* Have you monitored the system with "top"? Try hitting "S" and "H" in
top while transfering files, see if anything looks suspicious.
* Run "iostat 1", check tps and KB/t.
* What file system are you using?
NFS TCP did the trick. I tried it already but I didn't properly dismount the
volumes before remounting them on TCP. I did a mount -u -a instead.
Using netstat it became clear NFS was still using UDP. A umount and mount -a
did the trick!
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- NFS slow
- From: Jan Catrysse
- NFS slow
- Prev by Date: Re: Partitioning for multiple systems
- Next by Date: FreeBSd amd64 bit kernel conf
- Previous by thread: NFS slow
- Next by thread: Re: NFS slow