Re: Reading warnings when installing multiple ports

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Mel Flynn
<mel.flynn+fbsd.questions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 11 May 2009 15:21:24 Jerry McAllister wrote:

But, I very often wish there was a convenient way to see some of those
messages and especially messages about things one has to do during
the install, such as manually installing something or getting some
license thing handled, before I start the port install.

Sometimes I get a question in the middle of an install that I do not
know how to answer and it is an awfully inconvenient time to have
to start scrounging for information.    Having a commannd that
would display all those things and maybe some related information
or pointers to information for making an intelligent response - before
starting the make -  would be very helpful.

Do you have specific examples? Cause I can't think of anything that falls
under your description.

Perhaps he is talking about the 'make options' output, such as what is
displayed right before x11-wm/fluxbox begins to build. That is the
only type of output I can ever remember seeing before a build begins.

--
Glen Barber

  • Re: Display picture in Form
    ... An application has to be registered to insert and then later display the ... objects see the OLE object Extraction tool on my site. ... This article applies only to a Microsoft Access database. ... Install Microsoft Photo Editor ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: OT: PING: Meat Plow, and anyone else who knows Windows XP - ENTIRELY OFF-TOPIC
    ... I've tried booting in safe mode and this produces a somewhat usable ... Attempting to boot using 'Last Known Good Configuration' has no effect ... or installing new display drivers in safe mode. ... What would be best is to boot off an XP install CD and interrupt the ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: [kde] non-themed kdm greeter text needs to be bigger
    ... On your giant display it may not have been obvious, ... have two desktops side-by-side on the same virtual desktop and could pan ... install, but when I tried to run it, kwin5 kept crashing. ... all the kde5 stuff and reinstalled the bits of kde4 I had to uninstall to ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Message missing or corrupt winxp/system32/config/system
    ... Bruce Chambers wrote: ... > It's easier and less time-consuming than reinstalling everything ... In POST it came to Display Controller and stayed there for a while ... and install a Geforce 44X 8X PCI card as there was no AGP ...
  • Re: No Video Adapter - VgaSave instead? What do I do?
    ... I am having the same issue, the only difference is I did not install on a new ... My video was working just fine before ... install unless I change the display to VGA which I cannot. ... > upgraded to a standalone card? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)