Re: Reading warnings when installing multiple ports

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Mel Flynn
<mel.flynn+fbsd.questions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 11 May 2009 15:21:24 Jerry McAllister wrote:

But, I very often wish there was a convenient way to see some of those
messages and especially messages about things one has to do during
the install, such as manually installing something or getting some
license thing handled, before I start the port install.

Sometimes I get a question in the middle of an install that I do not
know how to answer and it is an awfully inconvenient time to have
to start scrounging for information.    Having a commannd that
would display all those things and maybe some related information
or pointers to information for making an intelligent response - before
starting the make -  would be very helpful.

Do you have specific examples? Cause I can't think of anything that falls
under your description.

Perhaps he is talking about the 'make options' output, such as what is
displayed right before x11-wm/fluxbox begins to build. That is the
only type of output I can ever remember seeing before a build begins.

--
Glen Barber