Re: Installing latest version of LaTeX

Roland Smith wrote:
On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 08:04:19PM +0200, Peter Boosten wrote:
Roland Smith wrote:
On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 01:46:36PM -0400, Daniel Underwood wrote:
Having trouble mounting the ISO:

[daniel@bsdbox ~]$ sudo mount_cd9660 -o ro /dev/`mdconfig -a -t vnode
-f ./texlve2008.iso` ./mount/
mdconfig: open(/dev/mdctl): Permission denied
Regular users don't have read/write permissions on /dev/mdctl.

So either change those permissions so that your user-id has those
permissions, or run mdconfig as root.

Hmmm, one might think that 'sudo' does exactly that ;-)

It does that for the mount_cd9660 command, but _before_ sudo it called,
the code between backticks is executed by the shell as the regular user.
I thought that was obvious, so I didn't mention it.

Ah, yeah, you're right. Sorry, missed that one.

Peter

--
http://www.boosten.org