Re: PDF inventory software

I'm trying to convert all PDF files in a directory to text using
"pdftotext". I tried the following command:

$ find *.pdf | xargs -0 pdftotext
Error: Couldn't open file 'Ross-JAMA-2007 (Prostate Screening Strategies).pdf
Sanda-JAMA-2009 (Prostate Cancer Treatment).pdf
'

Why is this not working?

Thanks,
Daniel

  • Re: Joining PDF Files with Ghostscript
    ... when I specify over 22 files it is not closing the output file. ... receiving error 25 closing the device ... Crystal reports generates some poor quality PDF files. ... That was what I was thinking of as the command limit, ...
    (comp.lang.postscript)
  • Re: How to wait for a forked process in bash script
    ... ># program that generates pdf files ... how can I prevent a command to start before the ... that avgtool forks a child process and the main process exits right away, ... What happens if you run avgtool manually from the command line -- does the ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • A novice (newbie) in need of help
    ... basically gets all filenames of PDF files in a path, ... filename is the same as the output filename except for the extension. ... My problem is that while this works fine, I get the error messages ... # command line input>pdflang2 C:\test_docs ...
    (comp.lang.perl)
  • Re: PDF usergroup is unless for pdf info. No gurus here may as well close down
    ... You can write a shell script that globs the names of all the PDF files. ... Whether you do it with a simple wildcard on the command line, with xargs or the find filter depends on how many files exist and whether you want to have all the documents open at the same time or work through them in sequence. ... you full screen display from the shell command. ...
    (comp.text.pdf)
  • Re: Passing Parameters from BSD to Linux and Back
    ... this parameter passing to work. ... PDF files read by Acroread can contain links to a web ... VMware does the same with invoking a browser ... command and its options, but never have any of these worked. ...
    (freebsd-questions)