Program update(s)

Can someone tell me why I have to recompile all related programs when I upgrade to a newer version of Perl? How easy it would be that all these 'to be recompiled' programs only were linked to just Perl instead of Perl.x.x.x. Or is that a complete wrong way of approach?

Jos Chrispijn

  • Perl with Oracle 9.2
    ... There seems to be an issue with perl when using 9.2 Oracle. ... There is evidence that you need to recompile or reinstall perl ... if you upgrade from oracle 8i to 9.2.0.x. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: installation of PDL
    ... when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC ... I've seen issues in the past due to perl being built to use -fpic rather ... about your problem being trying to link in a static libm. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Shrink large file according to REG_EXP
    ... perlreref) tells Perl to compile the regular expression only once. ... handle this automatically if the pattern does not change. ... Perl won't recompile the regular expression ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Maximum number of sockets
    ... recompile your program and it will can ... have more sockets. ... I suspect I have to recompile Perl but I am using ActiveState Perl and I ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: perl dumps core on AIX when loading external library
    ... Did you recompile the .so from the .xs source? ... If memory serves, AIX ... The ABIs change a lot between major Perl ... not, I will try gcc. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)