cron mail problem solved
- From: "DA Forsyth" <d.forsyth@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:11:14 +0200
Why do I become so clever AFTER asking for help?
Anyhow, I have solved the cron not sending email problem.
The cron log file contains lines like this
NSSWITCH(nss_method_lookup): nis, group_compat, setgrent, not found
which when searched for produces the page at
So I have edited my /etc/nsswitch.conf to have
(instead of 'compat')
and now it works again.
I guess I must have installed that file in the upgrade during my
glazed mergemaster phase of 'esc i enter' to install all those files
whose only difference is the $Id$ tag (why do they bother?)
DA Fo rsyth Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: blogtk and text formatting
- Next by Date: Re: enable IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT for GENERIC kernel
- Previous by thread: blogtk and text formatting
- Next by thread: Re: cron mail problem solved