SOLVED (Re: firefox 3.5 exited on signal 12)

On Sunday 05 July 2009 11:10:18 am Ott Köstner wrote:
On Sunday 05 July 2009 8:32:35 am Unga wrote:

I have installed firefox 3.5,1 port (make install clean) on FreeBSD 7.2 i386. Firefox crashes when it try to display Theora video (http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~nick/theora-soccer/) with following message on logs:
kernel: pid 1106 (firefox-bin), uid 1001: exited on signal 12 (core dumped)

Do others experience it? Is there a fix for this?

Same here. It crashes...
pid 26921 (firefox-bin), uid 1001: exited on signal 12

Rebuilt kernel with
options         P1003_1B_SEMAPHORES     # POSIX-style semaphores

Now it plays Theora video and does not crash any more. :)

Greetings,
Ott Köstner

  • Re: Windows Explorer crashes in XP-Pro/SP2
    ... The crash occurs every second time I ... >> thousands of other people can get a fix for this. ... >> they are all too busy trying to bury the problems in what they have ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Odd Word behavior with Safari
    ... Save your document (Word may crash, and if it does, you do not want to ... Like I said, they won't fix it, so we need to work out how to live with it. ... Every application puts different information on the clipboard. ... way Word freezes. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: [git pull] sparseirq / irq updates for v2.6.29
    ... i think this should finally fix ... Subject: sparseirq: work around __weak alias bug ... fix boot crash if the kernel is built with certain GCC versions ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: In word 2007 I can not do a SEND TO (not as an attachment)
    ... (You might also go into the Windows Event Viewer immediately following a crash to get the details of exactly what module is causing the crash.) ... If that doesn't result in a fix, the next thing I would try would be to create a new Windows User profile, and see if the new user has the same problem. ... "Art Nittskoff" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • [ANNOUNCE] GNUmed 0.2.8.1 released
    ... FIX: failure on PG server version checking on MacOSX ... crash on MacOSX after clicking OK in Snellen config dialog ... do not crash on not being able to write to the config file ... Ubuntu,Windows and Mac packages will follow soon ...
    (comp.lang.python.announce)