Re: Automatic screen lock when leaving desk

On Wednesday 15 July 2009 04:53:19 Jonathan McKeown wrote:
On Wednesday 15 July 2009 12:45:02 Matthew Seaman wrote:
I used to be a NeXTie, and the Screensaver.app there had a really nifty
little feature. I'm surprised it's not been copied into other
screensaver applications since, as it's pretty simple. They just had a
facility where moving the mouse cursor to one corner of the screen and
leaving it still for a few seconds would cause the screen saver / screen
lock to come on straight away.

KDE 3.5 provides this feature - it's under Advanced Options on the
screensaver configuration.

And 4.x too. Visually timed at ~3 seconds.
--
Mel

  • Re: incessant lockout screens with request for password
    ... it's driving me nuts and ... i would like to turn this feature off or at least make it happen far ... and screensaver packages from the system, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: incessant lockout screens with request for password
    ... it's driving me nuts ... and i would like to turn this feature off or at least make it ... manager and screensaver packages from the system, ... stomp, stomp, stomp, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: incessant lockout screens with request for password
    ... it's driving me nuts and ... i would like to turn this feature off or at least make it happen far ... and screensaver packages from the system, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: incessant lockout screens with request for password
    ... i would like to turn this feature off or at least make it happen far ... and screensaver packages from the system, ... A nicer question would have been "did you file a bug report at the time, ... way to "fix" the problem, is to wait until the affected piece of hardware ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • System dropping
    ... There is a feature, that if you are idle, will ... automatically start the screensaver and can optionally ... >automatically kick out of the program you are using at ...