Re: High Point Rocket Raid 1740

Jason Garrett wrote:
On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 17:36, Jason Garrett <kingedgar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

High Point Rocket Raid 1740...

Is this a fakeraid card?

A good raid card?

What are your experiences with this card...

Anyone had any experiences? Looks like from high point's website, the last
supported version is 6.x any ideas if this will work?

I don't really want to just "try" only to have to redo the configuration of
the machine again.

I have a rr 1740 card in a 7.2 amd64 machine. The experience has generally
been good. Support for these cards exist in the kernel - 3rd party
driver not required.

As with anything, you get what you pay for.

  • [patch 000/176] Video4Linux Updates
    ... Support for em28xx based usb2 boards; ... -Don't enable gpioirq until after card probe. ... -Some changes to allow compiling cx88 and saa7134 without ... -Fixed settings for MSI Vox USB 2.0 ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Help needed in rec.audio.pro
    ... > Rewire you can add even more to your environment (like Reason, FL Studio, ... Linux also has LADSPA and some VST's work as well. ... I have that card (sblive! ... Emu support seems to exist now. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Help needed in rec.audio.pro
    ... > Rewire you can add even more to your environment (like Reason, FL Studio, ... Linux also has LADSPA and some VST's work as well. ... I have that card (sblive! ... Emu support seems to exist now. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: MCE 2006 Wish List
    ... Yep - and almost all of the radio channels available with a Sky Digital ... DVB-S card to receive them without an analogue link in the chain! ... The lack of support for these transmission systems ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: [SLE] Yes I am bitter.
    ... Linux since November") purely because his graphics card isn't supported ... needs a rethink of priorities. ... any more ATI cards until the Linux support is up to par. ...
    (SuSE)