Re: linux_base installation - missing rpm binary

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:54:05 +0400 Jeff Laine wrote:

I've unpacked my apps under /compat/linux tree but my binary requires
shared X libraries:

nsdexec: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot

This library is a part of x11-toolkits/linux-gtk2 port.

error while loading shared libraries: libXt.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

I've tried to install x11/linux-f10-xorg-libs port

Good.

but brandelf tells me

As I've wrote at my previuos email, brandelf should be used
only with binary executives. Don't use it for libraries.
You have been warned! ;-)

they are BSD-binaries incompatible with my linux stuff. And thus my app
can't start complaining on incompatibilities if I tune lib paths.

You should not tweak paths untill absolutely needed (and if you
really understand what you do). Lunuxulator should DRT if a needed
library is present. In case of errors submit them here (or better
even to freebsd-emulation@ ML, since more people may help there).

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve

  • Re: Number of Objects in Static Link Library
    ... Up until this time, I've generated the libraries from object files that each represent a related group of functions and their data. ... The end result is that if a symbol in the object file is referenced, the entire object file is dragged in, even if just one function is referenced. ... With most linkers, the minimum amount that can normally be pulled in is one "module" or "translation unit". ... This normally corresponds to a single .o file that comes from either compiling a .c file or assembling an assembly-language file. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Wants an update on ARM compilers
    ... Which makes it completely unusable for 99% of embedded systems. ... If you're using GCC such an object file is trivial to produce. ... find code for larger libraries like video playback, ... Several suppliers of source have in their licenses that you can not ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: A way to decrease executable sizes?
    ... >Is there any way to make the linker reject all the code that isn't needed? ... When you create a project that is composed of several primary source files, ... of object file: a "library" file. ... the libraries is /not/ necessarily one we want, ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Number of Objects in Static Link Library
    ... statically linking against them. ... Up until this time, I've generated the libraries from object files that each represent a related group of functions and their data. ... The end result is that if a symbol in the object file is referenced, the entire object file is dragged in, even if just one function is referenced. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: libXfixes.so.3 is present, but not found
    ... redtail ttyp1:hawk>acroread ... loading shared libraries: libXfixes.so.3: cannot open shared object ... or is that path variable ancient history? ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)