Re: linux_base installation - missing rpm binary

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:54:05 +0400 Jeff Laine wrote:

I've unpacked my apps under /compat/linux tree but my binary requires
shared X libraries:

nsdexec: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot

This library is a part of x11-toolkits/linux-gtk2 port.

error while loading shared libraries: libXt.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

I've tried to install x11/linux-f10-xorg-libs port

Good.

but brandelf tells me

As I've wrote at my previuos email, brandelf should be used
only with binary executives. Don't use it for libraries.
You have been warned! ;-)

they are BSD-binaries incompatible with my linux stuff. And thus my app
can't start complaining on incompatibilities if I tune lib paths.

You should not tweak paths untill absolutely needed (and if you
really understand what you do). Lunuxulator should DRT if a needed
library is present. In case of errors submit them here (or better
even to freebsd-emulation@ ML, since more people may help there).

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve