Re: GEOM label clarification
- From: Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 00:43:37 +0300
NOW THIS SUCKS.
# glabel label rootfs/dev/ad12s1a
glabel: Can't store metadata on /dev/ad12s1a: Operation not permitted
This is direct from the manual.... what the "<$#*(@)! is going on?
No identical post on web, but similar say to ignore: "it's harmless?"
I so, why is it there?
There seem to be quite a lot of these kinds of stumbling blocks that are
just plalin annoying...
Is this an annoyance or what for the above situation?
Is this your normal '/' filesystem, and is it mounted?
If it is reboot your system and select 'single user mode' from the
Then use glabel in the single user mode prompt.
This will not work if you just 'shutdown now', you have to reboot into
single user mode.
If it is not your real '/' at the moment, and it is not mounted, you
should be able to do it.
Booting from the fixit LiveCD will also work in any case.
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: small question about tape-based dumps
- Next by Date: Re: small question about tape-based dumps
- Previous by thread: Re: GEOM label clarification
- Next by thread: Re: GEOM label clarification