7.x on Dell R900?
- From: Matt Szubrycht <matts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 19:10:43 -0800
I cannot find any fresh information on compatibility of Dell PowerEdge R900 and FreeBSD after googling for several hours, so I decided to ask here. If this is not the right place, please redirect me to.
All of our servers run FreeBSD with one exception - a CentOS machine, which adds to the overall maintenance workload and keeping up to date. Back in the day, after getting the R900 (without prior OS compatibility research), the word was that FreeBSD will not run on this hardware and we ended up installing CentOS. That was well over a year ago and I am wondering if anyone could share some insight into the current compatibility status, installation/operation pitfalls and any other tips that would allow me to get away from Linux on this R900 box and create a homogeneous server-space environment with FreeBSD 7.x.
Here are some basic specs, I can provide more details if needed:
4 x 4-core 3.0 GHz Intel Xeon CPU's
LSILogic PERC 4e/Di Firmware 516A, BIOS H418, 256MB RAM
PERC 6/i Rev: 1.11
Any creative help will be appreciated.
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: am I the only one, wrt gcc44 -- it is failing and I can't build octave or much else
- Next by Date: Re: OpenWBEM for FreeBSD?
- Previous by thread: Re: Salvage files from harddrive
- Next by thread: 7.x on Dell R900?