Re: How to configure sendmail
- From: Warren Block <wblock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 20:03:41 -0700 (MST)
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Olivier Nicole wrote:
but the alias for user2 is not parsed
newaliases(1) is needed after editing /etc/mail/aliases. And there is a
bug if you're using 8.0:
Yes I did newaliases and the version of sendmail is the default with
FreeBSD, that must be 8.14.3
I mean there is a bug with sendmail not always sending to aliases on FreeBSD 8.0-RC2:
Masquerade again. Not clear whether that's what you want.
How to configure sendmail on a.domain.net so that:
1) users with an alias defined in /etc/mail/aliases have their
messages sent to the alias;
2) users with no alias have their mail sent to user@xxxxxxxxxx (same
It seems that masquerade does the part 2) but users in 1) are not sent
to the alias.
Maybe a mail hub setup in addition to the aliases will do what you need. /usr/share/sendmail/cf/README has more information.
-Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota USA
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: 8.0RC custom kernel not installing?
- Next by Date: What happened to the colors in VIM 7.2?
- Previous by thread: Re: How to configure sendmail
- Next by thread: FreeBSD-8.0-RC2 problems