login accounts with no sendmail access
- From: Ian Smith <smithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:15:29 +1100 (EST)
I hope you'll forgive a sendmail question that's not FreeBSD specific -
immediate application is for a Debian Linux system running sendmail 8.13
- but I assume it's most likely applicable to a similar FreeBSD system.
We need to (re)create a number of user accounts for Samba to service a
nest of windows boxes, but do not want these accounts to be able to send
or receive email, rather restricting mail access to only a few accounts,
on a box that runs DNS, apache2, mail, audio streaming (fwiw) and Samba
access to various fileshares, including users' home directories.
I figure we can deny each would-be email address using both From: and
To: entries in /etc/mail/access, but I'm wondering if there's an easier
way that doesn't involve creating such entries for each new account?
(Please don't even mention LDAP)
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: 8.0-RC3 USB lock up on mounting two partitions from one USB drive
- Next by Date: Re: jail - beginner questions
- Previous by thread: 8.0-RC3 USB lock up on mounting two partitions from one USB drive
- Next by thread: Wiki down?